Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Candle Light


As a photography major i got the oppurtunity to have what is called a special problems class, its basically an advanced photography class where the teacher and I focus in on what i really want to learn. One of the first assignments i was given was one where the only light i could use was candle light, it was a really nice assignment though because i was able to really practice fully manual photos in a controlled lighting situations. These pictures were taken with my Nikon D90 fully manual at an F stop of 5.6 and a shutter speed of around 60 depending on how much lighting i was using. Once again Courtney did an amazing job and we only set the fire alarm off twice..maybe three times.
My next assignment is "My Bloody Valentine" haa right up my alley, i will be doing that shoot around thursday, along with that im going to start doing my continuous wall calendar which im pretty excited about :] by then i should have the photo up for the beginning of the photo chain.
Update with the Art Institute is that I got my acceptance letter last week! and now all i have to do is figure out financial aide etc. Then im moving to Draper in either July or October depending on which quarter i decide to start on then im on my way to being a professional :]

No comments: